Monday, March 17, 2008

My Birthday and Visits from Familiar Faces

Two weekends ago we had the pleasure of visits from my parents, my cousin Matt and our family friends the Moons. Everyone stayed in our one-bedroom apartment. Just kidding. Actually my parents stayed with us for about five days and Matt stayed one night during that time and had to sleep on an air mattress in the kitchen. I felt bad for him, but he was fine with it, and I later realized, it couldn't have been much worse than any missions trips he'd been on.

We celebrated my birthday with a lot of shopping and eating of sushi - two of my favorite activities. I am not one who needs a fancy celebration, and even simple shopping tasks make me happy. We went to Target, Dollar Tree, the mall and Trader Joe's before dinner and then finished the night with a trip to Wal-Mart to get a vase for the flowers my parents bought me. A perfectly lovely birthday.

We met up with the Moons for dinner one night and had a good time eating at Union Oyster House, the oldest restaurant in Boston and the oldest restaurant in continuous service in the U.S. (according to its Web site). Although it took forever to get our food, it was a fun experience. I felt as if we should have been planning revolution efforts.

On the last full day of my parents' visit, we drove out to some outlet malls and found lots of good deals. Successful shopping = happy Rachel.

I will post pictures in the next post.

Also, happy birthday to our brother/brother-in-law, Pat!

No comments: