Thursday, June 25, 2009

What a Sad, Weird Day

by Rachel

I am already an extremely emotional person by nature, but today just feels so weird. I have already been feeling sad about the Gosselins (see last post), but with Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson's deaths, I just feel so unsettled. Sadness and grief seem to be ubiquitous right now.

And I feel weird because I am also a sports fan, and I was saddened in a different way by my Longhorns' loss last night in the College World Series. And then tonight was also the NBA Draft, which I was interested in. But then I almost feel not right being concerned about or interested in either of those things in light of the above events.

Also a gross slug greeted me by our front door (inside) this morning when I woke up. Yuck. Thank you to my kind husband for getting rid of it.

What a sad, weird day.

No comments: